Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Tour of a little Northeast Paradise

I have been spending my summer weekends at my family's new summer house. I am absolutely in love with this place. It's so inspiring to be on Cape Cod (my heart and soul lives here) and to have a place here opens up so many possibilities (like a Marketing business my mom and I are trying to get off the ground for the grassroots artists and crafters here...). We officially obtained the house June 28th (I believe) and have been down here every weekend since. I finally gotten around to taking pictures of the place last weekend and now am just posting it.

I have often been referring to Cape Cod as the Northeast Hawaii. The Cape Cod peninsula isn't connected to the 'main land' of the Massachusetts state, you have to cross a bridge over a canal to get there and then there are islands.. Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. It also has a native flower, the Hydrangea, that everyone loves like Hawaii's plumeria.

The living room isn't pictured because we didn't have furniture in it yet when I took the pictures and it became the "everything room" since it's the room you enter through the side door. We got the furniture last week, so I'll take the picture next weekend. Nothing too special though.

Front of the House



Side door



Front of the back yard.


So nice sitting out here with a drink or with your computer, or simply taking a nap after the beach.



Large backyard, its so nice having a backyard. The house I grew up in had a little backyard, so not used to having so much free space.


Family Room




The bedroom I sleep in.



Sage Green Master Bedroom



Upstairs Bathroom


Upstairs Bathroom



Guest room. If your the only guest over here you'd be in this room.


I also don't have the 'guest' bathroom pictured. Although it has the same royal blue/white design as the bedspread.


Bay Window behind the dinning room table.


Backyard patio


Patio Table


In the kitchen facing the dining room.

No comments:

Post a Comment