Monday, May 23, 2011

Lady Gaga "Born This Way" Review



Lady Gaga is one of my favorite artists. She is one of the few people I can listen to for the entire day without getting bored and that says a lot. I get bored easily. Sure the lyrics may not be everyone's favorite, but for me, I listen to music to get my creativity working, basically a mental soundtrack. If music can't be a companion to my mind then I consider it boring. In her "Google Goes Gaga" interview, Gaga says that this album was aiming for more of a european techno feel rather than a typical americano dance album. At first I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't like The Fame/The Fame Monster... but then Lady Gaga doesn't do the same thing twice! American culture got her famous and she devoted that album to it, but considering her italian background her European techno album is really fitting. In one interview I think with FuseTV she says the album is about worshiping yourself, "Born this Way" is all about accepting your identity for who you are.

Another thing that pisses me off is that Amazon is offering the Entire album for .99 and 20gb of space. I spent $15! Really not happy with that... anyway, I totally recommend checking out the music if you're looking to add european flair to your collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment